I see Sir Richard Branston has just sold his Virgin Mobile business to NTL for just short of £1bn. Good on you, Sir Richard! The bearded billionaire, who moved to Ramsgate a few weeks ago, shared his top tips with me over a tin of White Lightning outside Gussets (A Thorley Tavern) recently. Here are his top five:
1. Be sure your name is Richard. If it isn't, change it by deed poll.
2. Never wash, it's money down the drain.
3. Always wear plastic trousers.
4. Gissa nuvva pint yer f***er
5. All I want is 20p for a cup of tea, yer bastard.
Actually, I'm not altogether certain the sea air is suiting him.