Out on my evening stroll along the East Cliff tonight, I noticed that the peculiar fountain opposite the Granville is being restored. It started me pondering on the recent string of amazing improvements around here, viz:
- Fido hoovers barker's nests from Augusta Stairs
- New lamp posts installed
- Old lamp posts removed
- New multi-storey flag pole on Wellington Crescent
- All beds planted with flowers
- Abandoned cars crushed by local councillor
- Millionaires (Richard Branston, Roman Abramovich, TBA Noel, me) move in by the boat load
It all adds up. It can only mean one thing. Tomorrow, it's HER birthday. She must be going to make a surprise visit to the Millionaires' Playground.
Blimey, I'd better go and iron the nets.