Thursday, May 04, 2006

Scorcher

With temperatures on the Ile de Thanet soaring into the 100s, no doubt the north is already suffering from a plague of locusts/boils/semi-clad builders.

Here on the Cote D'Azur side, we're basking in sunshine, a gentle breeze wafting our G&Ts.

I had hoped to pull on my Calvin Klein togs and go for a splash in the pool, but Norman the pool guy hasn't given it the spring clean yet after Barrymore was round last year, so I'm slightly reluctant. I could go for a dip in the briny, but with the East Cliff about to crumble I wouldn't feel secure without a hard hat, and that would spoil the fun rather.

I know, I'll take a trip to that beach the other side of the harbour, below the West Cliff. It may be slumming it a bit, but at least I won't have to take my floaters. I'm reliably informed there are plenty there already.

No comments: