Saturday, July 07, 2007

I Declare This Powerboat Weekend Open!

They're off! Although nobody seemed to be entirely clear which way the sea was this morning from the look of this photo. And as the stage was still being built, the opening ceremony had to take place on dry tarmac.

The event's 'main sponsor' (to the princely tune of £3000 I hear) was unable to attend personally, so he sent his accountant. Still, people were already hoeing into the beer and burgers even at this ungoddenly hour of the day. So, let the party begin!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im taking my own fire extinguisher

Anonymous said...

some picts sorry Mr sideways etc. http://www.thanetonline.com/pb/

Anonymous said...

The fish eye photo of harbour is great Michael

Richard Eastcliff said...

That's a lorra, lorra piccies Michael. Isn't digital marvellous? In the old days that lot would have cost you hundreds, and you'd still be waiting for Boots to process them.

And how splendid to see all the activity and fun going on in Ramsgate. It's looking just how a seaside town should look. Fan-flipping-tastic! And no knackered old jumbos flying over either!

Anonymous said...

Yes- funny that - not a single training flight all weekend! I bet there won't be any during regatta week either.

Anonymous said...

Richard I am afraid that I just publish the whole lot to the web as they are taken and when I get around to it delete the ones that are not much good. I do have them all in high definition should you need any, although most of the ones taken in the evening are in soft focus to protect the guilty. If you for instance look carefully at title 21 you can see one of the revellers fell in the inner basin. If everything goes to plan the fair should be staying on the old Pleasurama for the rest of the summer.

Lucy Mail said...

I noticed a couple of nice ones of me in sheet 18. Well, I suppose that if you take that many photos....