Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Big Stink

Phwoo! Has anyone been down by the port recently? I tell you, there's a stink down there that's going to outlast religion.

Apparently the main sewer out of the Millionaires' Playground has been bunged up for weeks now, and Southern Water are having to ship all the, erm, waste matter out in road tankers every few hours while they carry out repairs.

Nonetheless, when I was down there last night there seemed to be plenty of holidaymakers partying on their boats in the marina. You could say they seemed undeterred.

7 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

And before any bright spark asks me if I make a habit of hanging around ports at night, I was in fact there in the early evening, researching my plan for a Wind Centre in the West Cliff Hall.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

Haven't had a chance to go there recently but from what you say I'm better off enjoying the superior climate of the orient

Nethercourt said...

Fwhooor!!! There's always been a niff down there for as long as I can remember. The sewer used to drain into the inner basin and worked up a good hum in warm weather. I was given to believe that it only operated nowadays as a 'storm drain'.... and what have we had lately?

Anonymous said...

It's not fair! Margate hums, Ramsgate stinks so why doesn't Boredstares?

Snailspace said...

Anonymous.Try the local council offices

Justin Brown said...

Having to have part of your poo-pipe replaced is no laughing matter, to which a few of my friends will attest!
Honestly Richard, sometimes your subject matter leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

Anonymous said...

Gives the captain's log a whole new meaning.