Thursday, October 30, 2008

Litter Spray

Cripes! Judging by the number of email alerts I'm getting from the excellent FixMyStreet website, our beloved council's plan to stop regular cleaning of any road that isn't in a town centre or on the seafront is definitely coming to fruitation (©2000 Kevin Keegan).

Recent complaints to the Uranians via the site include 'lack of street cleaners', 'bin bags', 'domestic rubbish', 'dog mess' and 'litter', 'litter', and, er, 'accumulated litter'. A veritable tsunami of detritus! And that's for a council that boasts the motto 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle'. Well one out of three ain't bad, I suppose.

Still, credit where credit's due. They are at long last getting around to implementing a limited recycling scheme here on Ramsgate's trendy East Cliff. According to a note that just plopped through my letterbox here at the cliff top mansion, a fortnightly paper and cardboard collection will begin as of this Monday. Let's hope the stuff is actually collected and not just left to blow all over the streets, eh? Otherwise I'm sure it won't be long before I'll need a metal detector every time I want to find where I've parked the old jalopy!

Click here to visit FixMyStreet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind you having a go at TDC, Sandy Beach, or even Wossie but taking a swipe at Kevin Keegan is beyond the pale. A public apology of sorts is demanded be everyone concerned with this e-mail.

Others may join my calls once this issue is featured in the Daily Mail.

You cad.

Richard Eastcliff said...

I'm so sorry
I was only teasin'
When I mentioned
Kevin Keegan

But it was funny, though, wasn't it!

Anonymous said...

Very.

Anonymous said...

who is kevin keegan?