Saturday, October 11, 2008

Boatloads Of Dosh

Ahoy me hearties! A big ECR 'Mwah!' to everyone who clicked on my recent 7 day poll to raise money for the brave chaps at the RNLI. The final result was:

Yes, I'd like ECR to donate 25p per vote to the RNLI: 94% (88 votes)

No, I'm such a miserable old skinflint I can't even bear the thought of giving somebody else's money to charity:
5% (5 votes).

As I find five people not wanting to donate someone else's money to a very worthy cause rather incredible, I've taken the total number of votes - 93 - as the final tally. Which makes a whopping £23.25! And to show I'm a good sport, I've doubled it by adding £23.25 of my own hard-earned, bringing the total to £46.50, which, as you can see from the screen grab above, I paid online.

Um, oh, er, Cyril, my accountant, has pointed out that the first £23.25 was also my money. Oh well, if I'm ever caught out in my Sunseeker by a force 10 blow, I'm sure I'll consider it money well spent!

Click here to read more about the RNLI SOS Day or donate direct

8 comments:

Nethercourt said...

My hat off to you sir!

derick97 said...

well done richard your a gentleman
john

Anonymous said...

Well done that man.

Don Wood said...

Well done that man

Linda said...

Very well done and a noble cause

Anonymous said...

Bloody good effort,kind sir.
And to a very fine body of caring individuals.

'MR X'

Anonymous said...

Nicely done that man.

Anonymous said...

top job by a top bloke, weel done you :)

Nige