Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's All Done In The Best Possible Taste!

Yes, folks, it's the photo they tried to censor! Ramsgate's legendary biblio-bloke Michael Child doing his impersonation of the late, great, lovely Kenny Everett's Cupid Stunt (or Mary Hinge as she was going to be called before the spoil-sport BBC suits intervened).

Michael was featured in last Friday's Isle of Thanet Gazunder, but for some strange reason they cropped the shot so that only his head appeared. Fortunately, being the good sport he is, he sent me the uncut version for the blog. So get down there to his excellent bookshop on trendy King Street (opposite the Pains of Waterpoo) and buy those tomes!

Do you have an embarrassing photograph of yourself? If so, why not email it to me at richardeastcliff@yahoo.co.uk so we can all have a laugh?

8 comments:

Michael Child said...

Funny old world I did send Richard one that was even more unusual, has he censored it, oh no must be me glasses

Anonymous said...

So now you've seen the shirt!

Richard Eastcliff said...

Oh, you mean the 'Syd Barrett' photo, Michael. Maybe I'll put that on as tomorrow's 'Snap of the Day'!

Michael Child said...

really that's one of my quieter shirts

Peter C said...

I don't have any embarassing photos of myself, but The Thanet Times has a few! ; )

Anonymous said...

MISSING: One bartender. If found, please return to Moe's Tavern, Springfield, United States....

Anonymous said...

Didn't NOTW publish some embarrasing film of Max Mosley and call girls dressed as Nazis? I'm sure you can see ECR's shadow in the background. http://media.canada.com/ee565338-7596-403b-b017-5d7416df0187/0331mosely.jpg

Lucy Mail said...

I say! Michael looks quite tasty in that picture.

And they say the camera never lies!