Thursday, February 05, 2009

Pilot Hits Buoy

On my afternoon stroll around our lovely Royal Harbour here in the Millionaires' Playground, I witnessed some salty seafaring types hoisting one of those channel buoys out of the water.

Being the nosey sort who likes a good earwig, I meandered around in circles for a bit trying to catch their drift. Here's the upshot:

Matelot 1: What 'appened 'ere then Dave?
Matelot 2: The pilot boat 'it it, didden it.


Now call me old fashioned, but I thought the pilots were supposed to be the experts at not hitting things out on the briny, let alone their own deep sea channel markers!

Click here for more on ShipSpotter.co.uk (4.2.09 post)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They probably had to swerve to avoid a sand bar in the harbour :)

Nige

Anonymous said...

shurly thashh a sandy bar?

inyourface said...

Was that a buoy that was "Carpet coated)

Don Wood said...

I follow your drift thaT man I am not so sure the Pilots should be allowed to play with their boats in the bath untill they have learnt to avoid those nasty bouys