by Isle of Thanet Gazunder Political Editor Hugh Jeckspenses
Thanet Tories have elected a new leader, Councillor Bruce Bayford. But what do we know about Cllr Bobford? We've been digging into Cllr Baywatch's background and come up with a few surprises! [Get on with it - Ed]
1. Cllr Baytree was born in Africa and brought up by a Zulu tribe who weened him on lion's milk!
2. He moved to the UK when his parents formed a dance troupe, and has early memories of performing in Hair at the Shaftesbury Theatre.
3. His first job was as a baker's delivery boy in Notting Hill, where Charlie Drake was one of his customers.
4. He moved to Thanet in 1972 when he landed a prime role as a council deckchair attendant on Margate beach.
5. By the late 70s he had started his own carpet business, and was one of the first fitters in East Kent to introduce shagpile.
6. Cllr Boyband is married to hairdresser Rowena. They have 15 children, all named after England rugby players!
7. Although he is currently a Tory, Cllr Daynurse has also been a member of Thanet Labour, Thanet Libdems, Thanet UKIP and Thanet Wanderers.
8. His favourite food is blancmange, which he prefers served in a bowl.
9. Cllr Gaybar owns an iPod with every single song by Shirley Bassey on it.
10. His most treasured possession is his 1987 turquoise Bentley Mulsanne, with the personalised numberplate CAR 91T (but with the '9' turned round the other way - geddit!!???!!!)
[That's enough things we didn't know - Ed]