Tuesday, January 20, 2009

News Rubble

Right. Continuing with the driftwood theme that appears to have developed here on Thanet's premier blog over the last few posts, it's time for a round-up of all the flotsam and jetsam that's floated into the ECR newsroom over the past week, and which I couldn't be arsed to write about. I call it news rubble. Oh, and by the way, none of these, er, facts have been checked in the slightest!

BONG!

Debenhams to pull out of Westwood Chaos - Fenwicks tipped as replacement [When do Harvey Nicks move in? - Ed.]

BONG!

Ikea set to open new superstore on cleared Westwood site [If that happens I'll eat my socks, stark bollock naked, on Ramsgate front whilst reciting the Hallelujah Chorus backwards. Besides, I thought the site had already been earmarked for a British Home Stores, er, Home store? - Ed.]

BONG!

Sandy Beach to resign in March ahead of embarrasing Standards Board hearing into Petitiongate. [Now that I can believe. Let's hope he takes his entire team of Dad's Army duffers with him! - Ed.]

And there you have it. News rubble. Don't forget, if you have any tasty nibbles for the ECR smörgåsbord, or just a few planks to help shore up the old cliff top mansion, just email me at richardeastcliff@yahoo.co.uk

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dads Army Duffers? Not very PC of you ECR.

Richard Eastcliff said...

Eh?

KLVJ said...

I did actually see an Ikea Lorry drive past me yesterday while out in the old banger. I was so shocked to see it go past that i had to do a double take and thus held everyone up at the WWX round-a-bout!

Anonymous said...

Hot news about a TDC Cabinet reshuffle next week. From the horse's mouth at a meeting yesterday Jo Gideon 'revealed' that she is to be replaced by Zita Wiltshire as head of the community stuff. No news of who's replacing Zita etc but there's no doubt it's happening. Clive Hart was in the room so there'll be a letter in Friday's Gazette no doubt.