Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Run It Up The Flaigpole

Burger loving Margate burgher Bignews Tony Flaig (scourge of the Freemasons, police and Kent County Council) has rung to accept my offer of going 50/50 on the flying doctor's charity Christmas tug.

If you recall, the Doc has so far failed to get any bids for his eBay offer which starts at £150. The deal is that Tone and I will chuck in 75 sovs each, but if any other Thanet bloggers want to make a contribution for a banner that will, we hope, read MERRY XMAS FROM THANET BLOGGERS then there'll be more for charity. Unless the charity is the Oasis Pilots' Benevolent Fund, in which case you can count me out!

Neither Tony nor I will be going in the doctor/councillor's cockpit (Tony's too fat and I'm too anonymous) so who knows, this could be your chance to join the mile high club with your favourite Blue Rinser! Just append your comment with the size of your donation to this post, and we'll work out the details later. Happy tugging!

Click here for the Doc's relisted eBay offer, currently showing our £150 bid

8 comments:

Tony Flaig said...

I think thats a fair summary of our chat so if other bloggers would like to assist please get in contact. For a different account read my blog when i have had time to concoct my version Since i am using my phone it will have to wait tony flaig somewhere in west london

Tony Flaig said...

i think the charity was for children so if the doctor is ok with that. One final thought maybe some of our fat cat readers could dip into their pockets

Richard Eastcliff said...

Here here!

Richard Eastcliff said...

And yes, he has said something about the NSPCC.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to give £20. I'm also keen for the money to go to a children's charity.

And perhaps someone knows of a local kid who deserves the plane ride.

Richard Eastcliff said...

Good idea Birchie!

Lucy Mail said...

Though I wouldn't describe myself as a child (physically, at least), the thought of brushing against our most eminent Thanet coucillor's joystick does hold a certain appeal.
And maybe he doesn't know everything there is to know about cockpits, either?
I'd like to help if I can.

Richard Eastcliff said...

Well if you'd like to spread some, er, joy over Thanet this Christmas, just pledge a few quid.