Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gull Cull

Has anyone else noticed a significant increase in the number of squished seagulls on our roads recently?

I know I've complained about the pesky blighters in the past, and they are the size of poodles round here given that the Uranians have steadfastly omitted to grant us any system of gull-proof refuse containers such as wheelie bins, but I do regard them as an integral part of the traditional seaside scene and wish them no instrinsic harm. Blimey, that was a long sentence. Oh well, today is the longest day so it's only fitting.

I wonder if Gullbusters have been on the offensive in their armoured, bird-busting steamroller?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've lost count of the number of young seagulls I've seen standing in the middle of the road as the parent watches from the safety of a nearby chimney pot squawking at its offspring to "Get on the pavement you silly ****" or whatever they say in seagullese.