Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Doctor Writes

Having recently complained to my MP, Dr Stephen Ladyperson, about the dreadful state of the local street lamps, I have now received a response.

I am told that, unfortunately, the good doctor-cum-politician is too busy at the moment being Minister in Charge of Traffic Wardens to communicate directly with pillars of the community such as myself. However, he has asked a minnion to get in touch.

Meanwhile the number of street lamps that are not working on the approach to Ramsgate's Monte Carlo style marina has actually decreased, from more than 13 down to 7. One would like to imagine that this was due to the sterling efforts of our local car-crushing councillor, David Green, or the 219 letters of complaint I have written to Kent County Council.

I'm afraid, though, that it's more likely to be the result of a passing party of Norwegian electricians, hell bent on a drunken night of debauchery in our harbourside Ramada, finding the situation an effrontery to their profession and feeling compelled to do the decent thing.

No comments: