Tuesday, October 09, 2007

What's The Crack?

I can't for the life of me understand the fuss over this new exhibition at the Tate Modern. If you've been on the moon for the last few days, here's the griff. Someone called Doris has put her 500ft crack on show, and it's got all the tongues wagging. As usual, the Torygraph, among others, has got all huffy-puffy about it being a waste of public money.

Now, I'm going to surprise you all by agreeing with them. After all, we've got plenty of cracks here in the Millionaires' Playground, and not a single penny of the public's hard earned dosh has been spent on any of them. There's our crumbling East Cliff for a start. And what about this little, er, cracker I snapped in one of those grimy back streets the other day? It's got to be worth a Turner, surely?
Cracking good art

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fortune literally on your own doorstep, eh, ECR?

Richard Eastcliff said...

Indeed. I am at this very moment arranging for the crack to be shipped to London, and am thinking of setting up a little sideline as a crack dealer.

Oh dear. I hope the rozzers aren't reading this.

Anonymous said...

Unfotunately you've grassed up your own crack this time Easty. It's a fair cop!

Richard Eastcliff said...

Still, at least I can wash my crack and sell it again if I like.

Snailspace said...

Don't let that Poofter in Birchington know

Richard Eastcliff said...

Oh, that's a point. And now I seem to have published a huge 'bumpkin' on my site. This is getting out of hand!

Anonymous said...

Quick man, get it over to old Margate, just the thing for regeneration and all that art jazz, you might even get £20.000 or more from the arts council, oh whats that, i see the outfitters has been sold... care to run a short history of all the arts regeneration fun past young Ian at the eye?

Richard Eastcliff said...

He's got bigger fish to fry I'm afraid. I also get the feeling he's slightly reluctant to poop on his own Kent doorstep.