Monday, October 15, 2007

Storm And A Tea-Pot

I see veteran weather chap Michael Fish is in the news today, it being the anniversary of The Great Storm of 1987.

I was only nine at the time and living at home, unloved, with Mummy and Daddy. Our modest house was called Dun Researchin' (Eastcliff Senior's little joke), and the only damage we suffered was the minor loss of a couple of the letters of our house name. My how we used to laugh every time we recalled the night Dad's Rs blew off.

Mr Fish, who occasionally stands in for the rather manic Kaddy Tea-Pot on our local BBC news, now denies being a hurricane denier. And he's ditched those trademark sweaters he used to wear. Or perhaps they blew off the line.

Michael Fish on BBC website

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer him to Her Shrillness.

Anonymous said...

Woorrr Kadddy? Phwooorr...

Linda said...

My daughters friend who lives in Salisbury (Wiltshire not Africa) has tuned his tele to receive SE Today so he can see Kaddy in all her glory, although the weather means nothing to him at all! Just likes the views.

Anonymous said...

Give me Kaddy's warm front any time!