Wednesday, August 23, 2006

FROM THE OFFICE OF SIR ELTON JOHN

Mr Richard Eastcliff has asked us to issue a statement on his behalf:

"First of all, thanks for all the flowers, cards and chocolates. You're all too kind, although I must say some of the bouquets were a bit on the Esso side. Please remember that, even here in the burns unit, I have a reputation to maintain.

"The doctors say that there should only be a small amount of permanent scarring, the worst of it being that I will forever have the letters 'EDF' branded onto the palm of my left hand. You can imagine how I feel about that.

"It has come to my attention that my arch nemesis, the Crime Lord Dr Who?, has commented on my recent post objecting to his opinion that blonde ladies in Laura Ashley dresses should not be subjected to airport security searches. He says that he finds it curious that his original post 'attracted such rabid criticism elsewhere'."

"I would like to make it crystal clear that I find it utterly objectionable to be described as 'elsewhere'. Unless, of course, he was using the term in the parliamentary sense, and deferring to my undoubted position as the 'House of Lords' of Thanet blog sites."

Sir Elton would like to add that his issuing of this statement on Mr Eastcliff's behalf does not constitute endorsement of its content.

No comments: