How about this for a money-making scheme?
1. Organise a three-day music festival at Quex Park
2. Invite top bands like UB40, The Hoosiers and Scouting for Girls
3. Charge thirty-odd quid for a ticket
4. Confiscate any liquids on entry, it being the hottest weekend of the year
5. Make people queue for hours to buy 'drinks tokens'
6. Make them queue again for a few more hours to exchange their tokens for drinks
7. Pocket the difference between what you got for the drinks tokens and what you handed out in a few measly drinks, most people having given up and thrown their tokens away.
Not bad, eh? I've had plenty of reports of people walking away in disgust at the weekend's Sound Island Music Festival, so the scam must have worked a treat for the organisers. If you'd care to read how it was for one ticket holder, pop over and take a look at Maisiegrace's blog.
Update: If anyone feels like telling their Sound Island Music Festival story to the local press, Tom Betts at yourfannit would like to hear from you. Email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org