Sunday, May 13, 2007

Virtually Pointless Exercise

Ahem. You know me, I'm not normally one to crow, but I would just like to remind you of what I said back in March following the competition to find the UK's entry for last night's Eurovision Song Contest in Helsinki:

Once again, I fear, the Great British Public have squeezed the pimple of success only to find that they will, alas, be reaping the pus of failure.

As it happened, only Ireland's twiddly-diddly dirge saved Scooch and their dreadful song from being crowned the embarrassing boil on the bottom of Eurovision.

So for next year I propose we invite Professor Stephen Hawking to perform a cover of The Floaters' 1977 hit Float On live from NASA's Vomit Comet. Well, it's got to be worth a try, surely?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the dram about daph ne du maurier so only caught the last half of the voting - that's the best part - it's becoming so predictable and farcical- if it wasn't for Terry's acerbic comments there's no point in watching really. I'm off to foreign climes for a week soon - I'll miss my daily dose of ECR - honestly it brightens my day!

Richard Eastcliff said...

I've got Daphers stored on the old hard drive, so maybe I'll treat myself to that later. Have fun on your hols!

Justin Brown said...

I don't know about VPE but it certainly smacked of a 'musical' version of VPL.

Richard Eastcliff said...

Maybe we'd do better in the Eurovision Thong Contest.

Anonymous said...

They had one of those at the Royal recently - or so I'm reliably informed!

Snailspace said...

From the country that gave us The Beatles The Stones Led Zepplin to name but a few.
Do we not have any decent bands any more.
It seems the whole thing has been hijacked by gender benders and bum bandits.

Justin Brown said...

The whole thing is designed to make the usual crap that they peddle to us, seem more palatable, I think.