Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Drivers Wanted For Kampfner Van

The lads at the Turner Contemporary are advertising for trustees so I thought I'd be after applying. Any fecker can go in for it yer don't have to be some arty-farty type. I thought I'd be a shoo-in for the place as I could spend a couple of minutes having a good old pray every day to see if Our Lord would inter-feckin-vene to stop it turning into a feckin great white elephant.

Journalist John Kampfner is yer man in charge, he says in the application pack:

I am looking to build a team of up to a dozen energetic and experienced people, each with different expertise, to be part of this challenge. The showcase is the new gallery in Margate, designed by award-winning architects David Chipperfield Ltd. Construction is scheduled to begin this autumn, and I hope the first meeting of the board will roughly coincide with the ground-breaking of the site. This will be a major moment, for Margate, for Kent and for the arts in Britain. This will be the biggest gallery in the south-east of England outside London, and is scheduled to open to the public in early 2011.

If you relish a challenge and share Turner Contemporary’s artistic, educational and social vision, I would be delighted to hear from you.


The closing date is 3 September so you'd better be moving yer arses. Anyone who has an unspent conviction for an offence involving deception or dishonesty is barred from applying so that rules out most of the eejits in the feckin council.

Click here for more feckin details on Turner Contemporary website

6 comments:

Tony Flaig said...

I noticed a week or so back, there quest for trustees, if you read to the bottom of the Application pack it advises "If you have any questions about the appointment or the process, please contact
either John Kampfner or Victoria Pomery (Director of Turner Contemporary) via
Anna Grech" which I attempted to do was unable, since the person who answered the phone had no knowledge and didn't appear to be about to.

Clearly Victoria and John want to screen out local oiks like me, still Sister I reckon Eastcliff would have just the right media credentials

Not surprisingly Anna Grech is on holiday.

Anonymous said...

Tony, its a bit like becoming a member of the Kent TV Board! Oh no its not! On Kent TV there is now info but you better be quick, closing date is 12 sept.

Tony Flaig said...

Blimey a mind reader, that was going to be my next blog, after weighing up the chances of fat lawyers intervening from jumped up council contractors. Still I might just email my CV!

Anonymous said...

Be careful peeps

Cervia Trustees unlimited liability Billy Hayton and Co

bill for a million

think on.

Anonymous said...

I do wonder how many of the people who whinge on about this actually have been in the exhibition at the harbour and up in the M&S building. Me, my daugters aged 10 and 13 and eldest daughter's friend visited both last week and they enjoyed what they saw. Whingeing as much as people do is an unfortunate British trait.
On another note I see the Margate jetty leaseholders have a website at http://www.margateharbourarm.co.uk which I only picked up on when i saw their banner tied to railings on the jetty from afar. Now they are letting cars park on there one cannot see the banner and I expect they will have seen their website hits dip since allowing so.

Tony Flaig said...

anon 10:41 I for one am a frequent visitor to the Turner exhibits and right now am busy breaking up crockery for yoko ono to glue back together.

As well as writing extensively about both Turner and the Harbour arm, fairly and objectively also a British Trait. What have you done! apart from give us a boring old cliche