Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Margate - The Last Resort?


Mr Ceaucescu (no relation) bumped into Margate retailer and arts columnist Philip Page (aka Arts and Elbows) while he was on location yesterday.

While I was carousing at Elton's 60th, Mr Ceaucescu (no relation) has been up all night in the ensuite edit suite putting together this short film about regenerating the Arsonists' Playground through the arts. Not bad, if a bit dark and Eastern European for my liking. I mean, where are the gags?

Don't forget, tune in to ECR TV for more satirical insight into Kent's Ramsgate Peninsula!

4 comments:

Tony Flaig said...

Shocked to witness the invention of ECR TV, which can be nothing other than a cheap populist trick in order to increase readership, next you'll be giving away free DVD's and holidays in Ramsgate for a fiver!

Surprised that a man of Mr Philip Page's calibre would endorse such an enterprise or work with Mr Ceaucescu whom I believe has a poor grasp of the English language, is unaware of the minimum wage, and thinks he's working on some art project for Turner Contemporary.

Richard Eastcliff said...

I'm sure I can persuade Mr Ceaucescu to pop round to Flaig Towers if you'd like to make your own contribution Tony.

And while he's there he could fix that annoying drip in the Villeroy and Boch ensuite.

Tony Flaig said...

I'm currently experimenting with my nokia, my old Ferguson VHS got nicked back in the late 80's

Richard Eastcliff said...

The advantage with a Nokia is that it's much less conspicuous than the 32mm anamorphic Panavision that Mr Ceaucescu insists on. And you don't need a truck to carry the lighting gear either. He's very demanding, but then I suppose he did win Best Film at the Transilvania Film Festival three years running, apparently.