Thursday, March 29, 2007

Councillor's Bollards Hacked Off


Holy hacksaws! It's only been a few weeks since our local caff demolishing, car crushing, graffiti removing councillor Dave Green built these step-outs along Victoria Parade and adorned them with snazzy bollards. Now some blighter has come along a hacked a couple of them off.

I'll have to be more careful next time I give my old throbber a thrashing along here. The lights ain't great, and there's already more obstacles to avoid than the Mini Marathon round of It's A Knockout. Without Councillor Green's reflective bollards, I might well end up going base over apex.

Last year one of those Pugin lions not far from here was hacked off. Now these bollards. Could it be that there's an East Cliff Chopper on the loose?

4 comments:

Nethercourt said...

Blimey!! Can't see Crusher takin' that lyin' down.....prepare for house to house enquiries chum!

Anonymous said...

Typical. I can imagine the scene. A pretty little garden in Newington festooned with traffic signs, bollards, and a concrete lion.

Unknown said...

Are you saying I've lost my balls?
Not so! County Council Highways have been informed.
As to the Lions, the parts are in TDC conservation officer's office.
Apparently TDC does not insure monuments so there is no budget identified to replace it.
If we do restore it, I think we should find a better setting for them, any suggestions?

Richard Eastcliff said...

Hurrah for our local car-crushing, caff demolishing, graffiti removing, lion restoring, bollard reporting Councillor Green!

Seriously, I hope you don't mind me taking the mick now and then, I actually think you're doing a splendid job here on Millionaires' Row!

Now, where could we put that lion where it would be safe and secure? Somewhere with 24 hour security, someone with money and an aesthetic sense who would appreciate it, a cliff top setting...