Friday, March 23, 2007

Man Eating Sausage In Wenceslas Square Speaks

Three cheers for Tony 'Bignews Margate' Flaig for his constant nibbling away at the edges of council waste. No, I'm not talking about his eating habits, peculiar as they may be.

Tony's been 'flaiging up' (geddit!?!?!) the shortcomings of Thanet Council, and regeneration efforts in Margate, for almost a year now. Recently he's been bashing down the doors of bureaucracy over the Theatre Royal and flights to Nowhere Virginia debacles. More power to your elbow, Tone.

Crikey! That's six cheers in one day! I must be in a congratulatory kind of a mood. Makes a change from my usual self-congratulatory mood, I suppose. Although it could be an attack of sentimentality brought on by copious quantities of gin.

PS: If any of my hoards of new readers are wondering why Tony is linked in my sidebar as Man Eating Sausage In Wenceslas Square Speaks, it's because the first profile photo he put on his blog was of himself, eating a sausage, in Wenceslas Square. And because he speaks into his computer rather than use a keypad like us mere mortals.

10 comments:

Convert said...

Thank god it wasn't muffin

Justin Brown said...

Muffin The Mule?
A popular sport in Margate, I believe, like mountain goats.

Tony Flaig said...

Thanks for the plug, I really don't see the fixation of my diet or for that matter the location of any of my photos.

Incidently the voice dictation thing is not always used, it depends on how Im feeling. My technique has evolved I now scribble what I wish to say and the read it into via voice or since I can touch type I use that as well.

Still I appreciate the rich comic possiblities and am sure this is an avenue that may well be travelled again.

Richard Eastcliff said...

Hey Tony old fruit! You appear to be a bit testy about my referring to you as sausage man. If you'd prefer me to link to you as Bignews Margate, I'd be happy to oblige, just say the word.

Tony Flaig said...

I'll leave that up to you I'm sure that the somewhat mysterious link my well account for many thousands who hang on my every word each day.

Richard Eastcliff said...

I'll change it - it's not fair to put you at such an advantage!

Tony Flaig said...

Maintain your editorial integrity, Mr Richard, show some backbone!

Richard Eastcliff said...

Editorial backbone? What's that?!

Tony Flaig said...

I made it up, but it might well be, what real hacks aspire to. saying what you mean and F*@! everyone else!

Balls really

Richard Eastcliff said...

Sorry Tony, I didn't make myself clear. I know what it means. But I ain't got any.