Thursday, April 05, 2007

Top Beer

I must say I'm getting very excited about the Planet Thanet Easter Beer Festival.

Beer o'clock is at noon tomorrow and Saturday, with stretchers at 10.30pm both days. Sadly the festival has relocated this year from the Millionaires' Playground to the Winter Gardens in Margate, so I'll be wearing my CelebProtect Kevlar stab vest to and from the venue just to be on the safe side.

The organisers are promising thousands of different beers and ciders, including a reconstruction by Ramsgate's very own Gaddfather of Ale of an ancient brew from Margate's now defunct Cobbs brewery, along with all the old favourites such as Nadgers Old Jockstrap and the rather fine Tossingtons 'Wibbly-Wobbly' India Pale Ale.

So - be there or be, er, sober!

5 comments:

adem said...

I'll be going to the Beer festival on Saturday as I'm at the Wanderers Rugby Sevens on Friday.

I had this same plan last year but they ran out of beer on the Saturday but I think they've sorted out this problem for this year....hopefully.

I love Easter Weekend!

Richard Eastcliff said...

I hope you're right about day two. I've heard rumours that certain people think it's a terrific marketing ploy to run out the second day, along the lines of 'treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen'. Anyway, we'll see. Looks like I'll be there both days, so if you spot a chap with a moustache and monocle who looks like a cross between Brucie and Lord Charles do pop over and say hello.

Anonymous said...

See you there matey

Justin Brown said...

I'll be there too, wearing my anti-stab underwear. Much as I love a good time, I know I can get a bit carried away on the sauce and end up with some right old mingers!

Richard Eastcliff said...

Well mingers, mincers or miners it's bound to be a bit of a giggle!