Good Lord! The whole place has gone to pot since I've been on my southern sojourn! Here are the headlines:
● Dreamland to stay empty this year, apart from some half-arsed attempt to get the Scenic Railway running. As the only scenes that will greet passengers while their fillings rattle out will be an empty car park, I would argue that a case might be made to the Advertising Standards Authority.
● New improved Ike and Tina Turner Centre costs rise from £12m to £17m (not including the £8m spent on the old unimproved Ike and Tina Turner Centre).
● Tory councillor resigns after sending racist emails. No surprise there then.
● Temporary fencing along East Cliff now about as temporary as The Great Pyramid of Giza.
● Thanet Air Show ditches in the sea after organisers go tits up.
Which brings me to the most shocking news of all. Dr Biggles of Thanet Life has, in a move equivalent to a 50 year old man sporting a chunky gold chain from H Samuel, put his profile on MySpace. I ask you! For 'MySpace' read 'OldSpice'.
Still, his profile does reveal that he was 'bought-up in Westgate'. By the North Thanet Conservative Association, no doubt.