Saturday, February 10, 2007

May The Fourth Be With You

Crikey! It seems local election fever has Kent's Ramsgate Peninsula in its grips. But here's one way to even the odds. Regular reader Simon writes:

Dear Eastie,

I have been sent a letter by the council inviting me to help scrutinise the local elections which will take place on 3 May 2007. The count itself will take place the following day.

However, in order to qualify for this civic duty, I have been asked to go on a course which I must pay for myself. There is a sliding scale of payments for the training. So for just a few quid I can learn how to count, but for £200+ I can get to be a presiding officer.

Would you, by any chance, be prepared to sponsor me to go on this course?

Keep up the good work!

Simes


Well Simon, I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment, what with just coming off a big tour, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of people willing to cough up the sponds. Have you thought about approaching your local councillor?

No comments: