Friday, November 27, 2009

Ilfracombe Shows More Spunk Than Thanet

According to the BBC News website, a row has broken out in the north Devon resort of Ilfracombe after some of the locals with more, er, fertile imaginations decided that the town's new logo made the place a 'laughing stock'. The critics are of the opinion that the dot over the 'I' resembles a sperm.

I must say that this is the same kind of misguided, Mary Whitehouse thinking that put the kybosh on my Flag for Fannit. I mean, look at it. How could anyone interpret it as anything other than the majestic North Foreland lighthouse, rising into our clear, blue sky atop our magnificent chalk cliffs over the sandy tussocks of Joss Bay!?!?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geoffrey Ede is part of the team that is proposing to set up a Severn Link crossing from Ilfracombe to Swansea next March ...

Anonymous said...

I can see that. Graphic designer is a genius. Up and Coming town. As far as the I in Ilfracombe is concerned others come first.

ECR you simply ignore the subtlety.

Look what could be done for Margate

MGAE ... a foolish grant aid hogging town in Thanet waiting for the Turnip Centre to put the art in ?