Thursday, November 26, 2009

East Of The Wantsum

It's been almost a week since this appeared in the Isle of Thanet Gazunder, but to be honest I've harboured a certain amount of trepidation about putting it on the blog, given the 'chilling' effect of Euroferries' legal threats against myself and fellow Ramsgate blogger Adem Djemil.

Still, now that the service has been confirmed as being postponed yet again, this time until the New Year, I think it's pretty fair comment. I wonder how Dr Steve Ladyman MP feels about being associated with a company that puts the legal frighteners on his constituents, whose only concerns were to shout about what a good thing the new service would be for Ramsgate, and keep their readers informed of its, um, comings and goings? Er, better go now before I make too many waves! I wouldn't want to ruin my reputation as a 'spinless coward'!

7 comments:

Matt B (Thanet Star) said...

What could ruin such a solid reputation? Seriously though, Euro Ferries have not demonstrated the best ability to estimate time to completion. Nor, for that mater, an ability to play nice and make friends.

(Disclaimer: In My Opinion).

Anonymous said...

Crying wolf, could be said of Euroferries themselves - so much so that if the new statement is true, no-one will believe them.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to meet the Euro Ferries PR man, TDC should give him a job!

Anonymous said...

After all these missed launch dates there is a way that this company can compensate Thanets residents. Give them free tickets for the first week of sailing. Now that would be good PR.

Anonymous said...

The truth coming - and right soon?

Anonymous said...

http://grahamshevlin.com/b2evo///index.php/current.php?cat=167

The WWW !!!! You must be really famous now !

Isabelle

Graham said...

Yes, It is my blog that has written about Euroferries' brilliant idea to threaten to sue local bloggers...part of my anti-bullying campaign, regardless of race, colour, creed, or city of incorporation.