by Isle of Thanet Gazunder Transport Editor Kat O'Moran
With the official start of the new Euroferries fast ferry service between Ramsgate and Boulogne just 12 days away, 100s of Thanetians have already booked and paid for their first trip [More fool them - Ed]! So to celebrate the new service, here's ten things you didn't know about Ramsgate and Boulogne!!!!!
1. Ramsgate has the only Royal Harbour in the UK!!!
2. Boulogne's full name, 'Boulogne-sur-mer', means 'Boulogne-on-sea'!!
3. The future Queen Victoria visited Ramsgate!!
4. Matilda of Boulogne was Queen of England from 1105-1152!!
5. Ramsgate was a favourite holiday destination of Karl Marx!!!
6. On 15 June 1944, the RAF bombed Boulogne Harbour to bits!!!
7. Ramsgate has more listed buildings than Bath!!!!
8. In 1905, Boulogne hosted the first ever Esperanto conference!!
9. Ramsgate is home to the only pinball museum in Britain!
10. Boulogne is home to Nausicaa, the French National Sea Centre!
[That's enough facts culled from Wikipedia - Ed]